“Compostela is an agro-industrial center, tourism hub and higher education center in Davao Region, whose empowered people are God-loving, climate change adaptive, disaster resilient, environment friendly, politically, socially, morally and spiritually mature that is capable to participate in all aspects of life under the auspices of love, peace, justice and self-reliant economy, under a dynamic and proactive leadership.”
“The Municipality of Compostela shall uphold the general welfare of its people through protection, conservation and development of our environment, making all resources available for the delivery of basic services and provision of support facilities under just and humane governance.”
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The general goals of the nine (9) year Municipal Comprehensive Land Use Plan is the attainment of a well-balanced preservation and utilization of the natural and built environment, disaster resilient and climate change adaptive, making all resources available, through a consultative, participatory approach for efficient, effective, transparent and dynamic local governance for the welfare of the general public.
1. Maintenance of a healthy and disaster resilient environment;
2. Improvement and maintenance of an environment and provision of economic opportunities and ensure the implementation of investment incentives;
3. Improvement of agricultural productivity in order to ensure food sufficiency by providing assistance and agricultural support facilities such as better farm-to-market roads and post-harvest conveniences;
4. Provision of adequate infrastructure support facilities and utilities such as transportation, power, water, communication, drainage and sewerage, and solid waste disposal facilities in conformity to the policies of climate change and disaster resilient environment;
5. Improvement of basic social services support facilities, amenities and programs for education, health, housing, social welfare, protective services and sports and recreation;
6. Ensure peace and order as well as public safety of the entire municipality; and 7. Reorganize local government organizational structure and ensure that quality, efficient and effective services will be delivered by the department managers and employees.